Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26, 2011

July 26, 2011

I looked out the window this morning and saw a white swan swimming at the edge of the lagoon between our camping site and the Mississippi River.  What a treat!  

After accomplishing a few odd jobs around the motorhome this morning, Bill and I went in search of a beauty shop that could give me a perm.  We felt fortunate that I could get it done immediately.  I was overdue and looked as if I was wearing a fright wig.  Soon after we got home a thunderstorm blew through.  It didn’t last long, but did freshen the air.

While it rained, I worked on a beading project.  Bill was watching a Western.  Both of us gave new meaning to “happy campers.”

After dinner we went caching for about an hour.  We were able to find four “treasures” before dark forced us to stop.  We spent most of the time walking in grassy parks.  As a result, we each have our fair share of chigger bites.  It has been years since either of us have been in a chigger area.  It is an experience we would like to avoid from now on.  As tiny as those little rascals are, they cause a very itchy, red bump.

Totals for today:  motorhome mileage--0,  geocaches--4, chigger bites--too many to count!

No comments:

Post a Comment