Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11, 2012


July 11, 2012

At 7:45 this morning we were singing our Willie Nelson traveling song.  We didn’t get very far, though, before we stopped at Flying J for fuel and propane.  And not very far on down the road we stopped at a Rest Area to dump the holding tanks.

So-o-o-o, it was nearly 9:00 when we actually started our day’s journey.  Some days it just takes a little longer.

I went to the back of the coach to take a nap.  When I woke up we were an a back road.  Oh, my!  Oh, I forgot.  We were going around a toll road and this was the way.  Rats, I thought we were on another adventure!

As we went from Kansas into Missouri, Bill drowned me out with the air horns.  So I was forced to yell two yahoos.  He should knows by now that he can’t out do me.  I always find a way.

We drove south to Springfield to Bass Pro Shop, the largest one in the chain.  It covers several blocks and is expanding to include a museum.  We parked in their parking lot for RVs and went in to explore the store.

A couple of hours later we drove south to Ozark, where there is a Lambert’s Cafe, home of the throwed rolls.  It is always a treat when we get to eat at Lambert’s.

Brent and Coleson went back into Bass Pro Shop for another hour of roaming around.

Today, we drove 345 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment