Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012


July 23, 2012

Today was a “Willie Nelson” day.  We were “on the road again” at 10:00.  It is always hard to leave Brent, but today I ask him if it would hurt his feelings if I missed Willie more than him?  He said it wouldn’t.

Speaking of Willie...Coleson and Willie were on Brent’s bed, watching TV.  Willie got frisky when I came into the room.  He really wanted to play. He put one of his big paws out and pushed me in the stomach.  I stumbled backwards, but didn’t fall down.  I heard Coleson say, in a soft voice, “Be careful with Abuela.  She’s old.”  Gr-r-r-r-r!  That’s not Willie growling.  That’s me!

We stopped at Walmart in Batesville for fuel and to have lunch.  Afterwards, we went on toward Memphis.  Honk, honk, yahoo when we crossed into Tennessee.  And again when we crossed the Mississippi River into Arkansas.  Bill was ecstatic at being able to honk so many times in such a short amount of time.  He’s really easy to entertain!

We parked at the Walmart in West Memphis at 3:30.  It was hot, so Bill turned on the generator and both air conditioners.  We “cooled” for about two hours.

And then it was time to geocache, hot weather or not.  We were able to find two of the little things before we “melted.”

Today’s Travel Totals: Today’s mileage, 225---Geocaches found, 2---Critter sightings, 1 deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment