Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012


July 16, 2012

We didn’t have any rain today.  Lots of clouds, but nothing falling from them.  It was still very muggy, though.

Brent and I went to lunch and then he took me to a UPS store because I needed to send a FAX.  The state of California is trying to tax us because we were using Lori’s address.

Last year they tried the same for 2007, but it didn’t work.  This time it was for 2009.  I sent an explanation of our situation to their PO Box in Sacramento, but they didn’t get it.  California figured that we owed over $500 since they hadn’t from us.  

I sent all the information again via a FAX, so now I have a paper trail.  Let’s hope that they read their FAXs.  I know California is desperate for money, but that’s not my problem.

In the middle of the afternoon, Bill and I went to Penney’s to get him some shorts.  He hasn’t had on a pair of jeans in so long, so he needed some new duds.  We hit a sale.  Yippy, Skippy!  $10 a pair.  He bought five pair.  Also a pair of tennis shoes which were on sale.

Tonight we had neighbors come for a visit.  That was nice.  It doesn’t happen often.

No comments:

Post a Comment