Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 13, 2013--Blowout Forest Service Campground in Idaho


Happy Birthday, Natalia!  These past 19 years have flown by.  I was in the delivery room when she was born.  It was a case of love at first sight.  She’s been a very important part of my life from day one!

Not long after we got up this morning, the campground was hit by a big storm...lightening and thunder, hard rain, and wind.  We decided to just stay where we were for another day.  It was good to have a day with nothing to do.

Bill cooked breakfast...eggs, bacon, and hash browns.  Yum, yum!  It was cool all day so I made vegetable soup.  It really tasted good.  What the heck!  If I was going to break my record and cook, I might as well go for broke.  I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.  I hope this kind of slave labor doesn’t become a habit.

We drove around the campground and down to the boat launch this afternoon.  A lot of people were enjoying their Saturday.  The campground isn’t very big, but the launch area was impressive.

Tomorrow, we plan to go into Idaho Falls in time to watch the NASCAR race from New Hampshire.  






No comments:

Post a Comment