Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4, 2013--Escapade in Gillette, Wyoming


Happy 4th of July!

We got up to a really nice day.  Three of my jewelry teachers were at the craft center at 8:30.  There were seven or eight students who needed help finishing projects.  

Mark Brackin was there to help me finish my wire wrapping venture.  I had worked on it last night, finishing as much as I could.  We sat and worked on it for quite awhile.  It was kind of like having a private lesson.  I learned so much from him as we talked.  The finished product was beautiful.  It made me glad I had picked a shell to wrap instead of a stone.  I won’t be afraid of doing another piece, this time with a stone.  Hopefully, I will get one started by the weekend.

Mark’s wife, Renita, who teaches with him, was also there, but was working on finishing a project with Lois Boose, who taught the herringbone bracelet class.  

Also helping students was Diana Lister.  I had taken a necklace class from her.  Lois was in that group with me.  Once again I unknowingly chose the most difficult kind of glass chips to work with.  The color was great...the chips were another story altogether.  During the actual class, Lois was a really big help to me.  Today, she helped me complete the necklace.  The finished project was beautiful. 

Hopefully, I will be able to take classes with these artist at future Escapades.  They are all very special people.

In the main building there was a Chili Cook-Off.  Bill and I didn’t get there in time to sample any of the chili so we went home for lunch.  We spent most of the afternoon resting and relaxing.

At 5:30, we went to the Closing Ceremonies for the Escapade.  Afterwards we had a dinner celebrating the 35th birthday of the Escapee RV Club.  There was music and dancing after dinner, but Bill and I chose to go home.

By the time the fireworks started at 9:30, the rain was pouring down, a strong wind was blowing, and there was a huge amount of lightening.  We drove the Honda closer to the action and watched from the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment