Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18, 2013---Ontario, Oregon to Pendleton, Oregon


It was 7:30 when we pulled out of Walmart’s parking lot.  Before long we crossed into the Pacific Time Zone. It has been a long time since we have changed time zones.

The terrain was very dry for the first part of this morning’s trip.  Then we got into farmland and really appreciated the green.  About the last third of the way to Pendleton was through forests  That’s our favorite part of this section of I-84.

The last six miles in to Pendleton is a 6% downhill grade.  It was quite a ride!  We parked at Walmart and immediately went to the Pendleton Woolen Mill.  I wanted to get some selvage from the production of their blankets.  They sell it in big bags, in a variety of colors.

While I was shopping for the scraps from the looms, Bill hunted for a cache in the parking lot.  It didn’t take him very long and he came into the store before I could get my purchase made.  Rats!  I need to speed up my “game.”  He should be use to my ideas by now but several bags of scraps was just about too much for him.

Before going back to the motorhome, we found two more caches.  One was part of a series of caches in cemeteries in this county.  It was at the Old Agency Cemetery.  All of the graves there were of Native Americans.

It wasn’t as hot here in Pendleton as in the places we have been the last few days.  That was some relief, but it was still hotter than we would like it.

Today’s Travel Totals:  Mileage, 168---Caches found, 3

No comments:

Post a Comment