Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27, 2013---Elks Lodge, Sherwood, Oregon


We decided to take care of some of our “Oregon shopping”...sales tax free...this morning.  

Our adventure started at an Apple Store.  I wasn’t there to buy anything, but to get information.  From there I went to The Container Store for a 3”x5” box with no lid.  I didn’t find the kind I was looking for, but I was surprised by how their prices have gone up.  I guess it has been a long time since I have been in one of these specialty stores.

While I was shopping, “Rip Van Winkle” was in the car taking a nap.

Some of you may remember that last year I kept a “tick count” and I was the winner.  I know it was nothing to brag about, but I wanted to remind my friends of my experiences.  Well, at REI this morning I purchased a Tick Key.  It is to help remove ticks.  I saw one advertised on the Geocaching web site.  I will let you how it works.   I’m sure I will have more than one occasion to use it!  

We stocked up on paper plates, etc. at Costco.  And, since we were there at lunchtime, we “forced” ourselves to eat a Polish hot-dog.

We came back home to a cool coach and took time to watch qualifying for the NASCAR race at Indy tomorrow, before nap time.

Dwight and Sheila called to see if we wanted to go to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.  Of course we did.  It was a good choice of places to go.  The food was good and the four of us never run out of things to talk about.

Tonight, Tex and I watched a John Wayne movie, thanks to our friend Debbie, in Brandon, MS,  who shared part of her John Wayne collection with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment