Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

This morning, we went into Quartzite to La Mesa RV for a pancake breakfast.  The pancakes were really good.  With happy tummies, we went out to hunt for some caches.

Our “hunt” today took on some really wretched desert “roads.”  We were up and down gullies, washes, and empty stream beds.  The Honda did a great job for us.

One of the caches was hard to get to.  We left the CRV in a wash and climbed up a rocky slope.  Bill retrieved a rather large container from among the rocks.  He couldn’t find the log book so we signed on a card inside the container.  As he put it back in, I saw a rat.  He pulled it out and I told him to twist the head off.  Sure enough, the log book was inside the rat.  Yuck!  Oh, did I tell you it was a rubber rat?

After seven finds, we went home so the “rat catcher” could take a nap.  I went on a couple of errands by myself.  Not a good idea!  You that know me know that I don’t like to go in reverse.  

I went to a bakery. The sign said “get your buns in here”.  So I did.  When I left the bakery and backed out, I backed into a humongous pickup.  The truck was OK, but the Honda now has a small crease in the left rear fender.  Ugh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment