Friday, October 12, 2012

October 12, 2012


October 12, 2012

We had planned this as a travel day, but Super Driver didn’t like the weather report south of here.  So, we’ll hope things look better tomorrow.

Our next major destination is Santa Fe for a visit with my brother, Jim,  and his wife, Peggy.  We always have a good time when we are with them.  Their house looks out over Santa Fe.  I like sit on their porch and look at the beautiful view for hours.

I worked on some beading projects most of the day.  It has been quite awhile since I’ve taken a day to “play.”  I made three crosses.  When we are in Quartzite after the first of the year I will need to do some major bead shopping.  So I probably should start practicing to get my shopping skills honed.  Practice makes perfect, so they say.

Two camping spots from us is a rig with a golden retriever.  I told Brent I was going to go see it and get a “Willie fix.”  I really miss all of our family dogs, so I have to play with other people’s dogs.

Several RVs further on was a new rig, so we went to visit them.  I was impressed with the amount of cabinet space their Storm had.  They came back to see our house.  Their little dog came, too.  He was a cute, scruffy little thing...very friendly.  I ask if I could give him a treat.  Before I gave it to him I told him he had to sit.  He did after some coaxing and was soon chomping away.  I got another treat out and he immediately sat.  You talk about a fast learner!

1 comment:

  1. Bill and Raymonda: Sammy the dog says Hi from Santee, CA. We enjoyed meeting you at Tuttle Creek, and Craig's considering getting a CRV tow car for his new RV. I like to read about your travels and hope to meet you again in some scenic getaway campground! -Betty, Craig, and Sammy

    ReplyDelete