Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 2, 2012


October 2, 2012

This morning I loaded several geocaches in the Bishop area into our GPSs.  By the time lunchtime arrived we had found seven of the caches and made friends with two of the “locals.”

While Bill was fueling the motorhome, I went into K-Mart for paper plates, a necessity in our house.  There was a Ben Franklin Crafts in Bishop so, naturally i had to go there.  It was a store with a little of lots of things, but not much of anything.  

It was about 2:30 when we left Bishop.  On the way to Lone Pine we saw a snow plow working.  He must have been practicing, because this was another warm day.

We parked on the street next to McDonalds.  This is our usual spot during the Lone Pine Film Festival .  The headquarters for the festival was a half block away so I went to check things out.  We hadn’t preregistered, but will take care of that in a couple of days.

I met a basket maker, Julie,  who has a booth at the festival.  I told her I use to weave baskets, but now I’m beading.  She wanted to see some of the things that I had made, so she came when her shift at the information center ended.  We had a fun time talking about crafts.

Today’s Travel Totals:  Mileage, 60---Geocaches, 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment