Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18, 2012


October 18, 2012

After some deliberation we decided to go on to Santa Fe today rather than tomorrow as we had planned.  It worked out fine for us and for Jim and Peggy.

We had finished our Albuquerque shopping earlier.  Plus, Jim and Peggy have an activity tomorrow that I want to go to.

They are involved with the restoration of some of the old adobe churches in the area.  One of their money making projects is to make small adobe bricks to sell for $10 each at a gift shop.  Already this year they have raised $1,000.  The bricks can't be made in cold weather because they won't dry properly.

Since I have never had the opportunity to make adobe bricks before, I decided that I mustn't let this opportunity pass.  I'm sure that somewhere on my "bucket list" is making adobe bricks.

We parked at Walmart, waiting for Jim and Peggy to get out of a meeting.  When they came we went to dinner at Souper!Salad!  Afterwards, Bill and Jim took the motorhome to its parking place while Peggy and I spent a few minutes shopping at Walmart.

Bill and I spent the evening watching the Oregon Ducks plant one on Arizona State.

We traveled 60 miles today.  That's Bill’s kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment