Friday, February 17, 2012

February 17, 2012

February 17, 2012

The sun was shining this morning and the sky was a beautiful blue.     Five of us...Dwight, Sheila, Todd, Bill, and I...set off on a special quest today.  There were two short power runs north of town that we hoped to do.

We set a record of sorts on the first one.  We found seven caches and had seven DNFs.  That is unheard of when you are caching with super caches.  We were really bummed by it all.  50% average for the morning was dreadful.  

(Later, as I was logging our visits, I discovered that four of the caches that we couldn’t find had been temporarily archived...put on hold.  That made our appalling record not quite so bad.)

We went to lunch at a farm cafe on Hwy. 95.  The food was good and we rested for awhile before starting on the next power run.  Although we were discouraged from the morning experience, we persevered.

The caches this afternoon, on the route of the Butterfield Stage Line, were named for quilt patterns.  Having been a quilter, I liked the idea.  There were 13 caches on the run and we were able to find all of them!  Yippy, Skippy!

After resting at home, we went to In-N-Out for dinner.  My reason of going there was that I needed to get a gift card for someone with a birthday next week.  That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

A stop a Walmart on the way back to the motorhome ended our very busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment