Friday, February 3, 2012

February 3, 2012

February 3, 2012

It snowed all night.  I know, because I checked to the progress of the storm every hour or two during the night.  By this morning, about 11 or 12 inches had accumulated.

At 10:00 Meredith, Michelle and I met Stephanie, their realtor at the house Meredith and Dwaine are buying.  Dwaine drove Meredith’s Mini over to meet us and he promptly got it stuck in a snowdrift.  The incidence had its bad parts and its good parts.  The bad was that the little red car couldn’t go forward or backward.  The good part was that they met some of their new neighbors who came to help them bget the Mini back onto the street.

My brother, Jim also came to see the house.  We stayed for about an hour.  It is a very nice house with a great view of Boyd Lake.  

I left with Jim when the house tour was finished. We rode around Loveland looking at some of the bronze sculpture in town.  There are many of them, but we only looked because of the deep snow.  Hopefully we can photograph some of them this summer when we are both back in the area.

Neither one of us is very familiar with the area, especially in the snow.  Jim expertly made several u-turns...12 to be exact, before he took me back to Michelle’s after lunch so I could take a nap.

For Joshua’s birthday dinner we went to Longhorn Steak House.  Jim and Peggy and two of their friends, Gene and Shari Bosler, whom we all know, came also.  It gave me visiting time with Peggy and Shari.  Plus, the food was great.

When we got back to Michelle’s there was another inch on the driveway and it was snowing hard.  I am so glad to see all of this fluffy white stuff on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment