Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, 2012


November 20, 2012

Michelle, Meredith, Dwaine, and I went to Denver this morning.  Our destination was IKEA.  We shopped for several hours.  About half way through the fun, we ate lunch in their cafeteria.  And then the shopping continued.  

We had a really good time.  There is so much to see at Ikea.  I don’t know how long it would take to see everything.  I’m not sure it would even be possible.

On our way to and from, we paid homage to “Mile High Stadium” with salutes.  That is a "Dane girls" tradition.

On our way back to Loveland, we stopped at Costco for some groceries for our Thanksgiving feast.

Tonight, after dinner, Michelle, Meredith, and I opened a package from Lori.  It was filled with jars of homemade relish.  She made it using my grandmother’s recipe, who called it chow chow instead of relish.  It is a real treat to have it.  It goes great with “soul food”...pinto beans, pan fried potatoes, and cornbread.  It makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Back in the motorhome, I worked on some beading projects.  It has been a while since I’ve had that kind of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment