Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 11, 2014---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


My main activity for the day was “nap taking” and I was successful at it.

I omitted a story from last night’s blog, so I am going to put it in tonight.  Those of you who know me, know that one of my favorite Southern dishes if not grits.  That is an an understatement!  

Every meal at the hospital included grits.  I would usually take a tiny bite and I did not change my opinion.  Well yesterday, for breakfast there was the bowl of grits beside the scrambled eggs.  I took a bite of the eggs and nearly gagged.  They were terrible.  I had Bill taste them, and he agreed with me.  He even spiced them up with pepper, etc.  It didn’t help, so I stirred some sugar into the grits and that became my breakfast.  When Brent came, I told him what I had eaten.  I was glad he didn’t pass out from the shock, but he took the news in stride.  Now if anyone ever ask me if I like grits, I can honestly say, “Yes, better than hospital scrambled eggs!”

Robin invited us to dinner.  She made lasagna that was really good.  Amy and two of her kids were there also.  We all had a great time, as usual.  And I didn’t have to excuse myself to take a quick nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment