Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 13, 2014---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


Today is 12-13-14...that kind of pattern won’t happen again for a long, long time. 

I have a news update!  When we were having dinner at Robyn’s house on Thursday, Amy ask me if I had put my scooter together.  I told her I didn’t have a clue what she was talking about.  She said Lori had bought a scooter for me and it was in a box in Brent’s garage.  At that point, Amy figured out that the scooter was to be a surprise.  She was really embarrassed she had blown the surprise.

If you read my blog, you will know that Brent stepped in and took credit for the surprise.  He also placed part of the credit (or blame) on Meredith and Michelle.  Alas, we may never know the true story behind all of this.  It doesn’t make any difference, because I love the “little mini-scooter-wheelchair thing” and will find many good uses for it, I’m sure.

Brent postponed the “liver and onions party” until Sunday night.  This left us with some extra time today, so we drove to Jackson to eat lunch at Cool Al’s.  You may remember that is the place where the floor is sticky.  Well, the food was still good, but the ambiance was diminished.  The floor wasn’t sticky and there had been some “decorating” changes.  Some things should be left alone.

When we got home, a long nap was in my near future.

We went in the house to watch the Heisman Trophy awards.  The Oregon quarterback was the winner.  That made all of the Duck fans in this family very, very happy.  It is the first time the Heisman winner has been from the University of Oregon.

2 comments:

  1. Raymonda, Jean and I wish you a speedy 100% recovery. We are hoping to have you teach us about geocaching in the future.

    Best to you and Bill this Christmas season.

    Steve and Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and geocaching lessons whenever would be great. That would mean we were spending time together. Of course, Max is included!

    ReplyDelete