Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22, 2013---Eugene Elks Lodge


For lunch, we went across the street to Wendy’s.  Afterwards, we stopped at Fred Meyer’s.  It has been a very long time since we had been to one of their stores.  This one in Eugene is a very large store.  We had no luck in our quest for shirts for Bill.

Our next stop was at WinCo.  It is a grocery story with a lot of bulk food bins.  I have my own special recipe for hot chocolate mix that I make and give as Christmas gifts.  I know it’s a long time until December 25, but on that date I probably won’t be in the area of a WinCo.  So-o-o-o, we took advantage of the store in the Eugene area.

When we got home, we both spent some time on the Honda’s needs.  I cleaned the back seat out and stashed some of our Oregon tax free purchases in the back of the car.  Bill changed a filter.  

We had a little rain this afternoon, but it didn’t amount to much.  The parking lot was barely wet.

The days here in Eugene have been warm, but at night things cool off.  The power of suggestion got to Bill.  We know it is mid August, but hot chocolate tasted really good at bedtime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment