Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013---Woodburn to Keizer Elks Lodge, Keizer, Oregon


We left Woodburn at 10:00 and were parked at the Keizer Elks Lodge at 11:00.  It was another short travel day, the kind Bill likes.

By the time I got some geocaches loaded into both Garmins and we ate lunch, the day had warmed up quite a bit.  We found three caches, but had two DNFs to go along with them.  We are having way too many of that kind lately.

I spent part of the evening working on some baskets that I’ve been planning to make.  When we were in Pendleton at the Woolen Mill, I bought some of the scraps cut from the blankets as they are taken of the loom.  I had trouble remembering how I had done them about 14 years ago.  Today I spent time trying several ways to do them and I think I may have solved a problem or two.  It is going to involve trimming the strips of yarn which will be time consuming, but necessary.  I’m using a very large crochet hook this time.  Last time, I used my fingers as hooks, but it didn’t work so well this time.  Old age has set in!

Travel totals:  Mileage today, 17---Caches, 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment