Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 31, 2013---Junction City, Oregon to Pleasant Hill, California


We left Junction City at 9:00 this morning.  After some concerns about a warning light on the dash, we decided to go south and hope!

Traffic going toward Eugene was heavy.  People were probably on their way to the Ducks game.  When we were past the Eugene turnoffs we had very little traffic.

At Cottage Grove we stopped at a Dutch Brothers coffee place.  Lori had heard about their coffee so it was a good time for her to try it.  We also got breakfast at McDonald’s and ate on the road.

We stopped in Medford for gasoline.  The warning light went off and stayed off for the rest of the trip.  Redding was the lunch stop because there was an In-N-Out there calling my name.  

Meredith suggested that I keep count of In-N-Out visits like I sometime count ticks, critters,  and geocaches.  I will try to do that, but if I get confused you might assume (incorrectly) that I’m going hungry.

We went to JP and Rosy’s in Benica to deliver Voodoo Doughnut boxes.  JP had made chili in the crockpot and baked cornbread muffins to go with it.  It was really good.  Natalia and Mario were there also, with a pizza to add to the feast.

After some good visiting time, Lori, Tucker, and I headed to Pleasant Hill.  It was a long day, but I’m glad to be here with our California family.  I owe Lori and Tucker a great big “thank you” for coming to fetch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment