Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013---Eugene Elks Lodge


With the rain and the humidity higher than usual, there was enough water on the roof that Bill could go up there and clean the dust off.  We haven’t been able to figure out how it gets so dirty here, but it does.  In the desert, we understand it all, but not here.

I had some chores to do while Mr. Clean tramped around on the roof.  We decided to go to Taco Bell for lunch.  From there we made a quick stop at the Post Office and WinCo, we came back home to rest.

While Bill inspected the insides of his eyelids, I went to visit with Dee and John and their dog, Abby.  I had some treats for Abby and she knew it as soon as I walked in.  After snack time was over, she sat on the sofa with me while I scratched her back.  She was very content and so was I.

Dee and John bought a “new to them” motorhome.  It was in Junction City.  They left the Elks Lodge to go park by their new rig and begin the process of moving out of one coach and in to another.

Our evening’s entertain was to watch The Hallelujah Trail.  It is one of our favorites, with Burt Lancaster and Lee Remick.

No comments:

Post a Comment