Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013---Sherwood to Walmart in Woodburn, Oregon


We left Sherwood at 9:00 this morning and headed south on I-5.  After a quick stop at Camping World we drove on to Woodburn and parked at Walmart.

After resting awhile and downloading some caches in the area, we went to Burger King for lunch.  We don’t like to miss a chance to practice for our next anniversary.

The first geocache took us a little ways out in the country to an old cemetery.  Many of the graves were of people born in the 1850s.  It was a well taken care of cemetery.  We found four more caches before we quit.  The last one was in the Walmart parking lot.

I went into the store to shop.  Bill came to find me after he had rested for awhile.  As he likes to say, the only reason he has a cell phone is to find me in Walmart.  Well, it worked today.

After dinner, we walked to find two more caches in the parking lot.  We weren’t able to find either of them, but something very funny happened concerning the last one we hunted.  There was a Spanish word I didn’t know so I called Lori for a translation.  She said it wasn’t a word that she knew.  Natalia wanted to know if I was in a Mexican jail.  I thought it was so funny and called Sheila to share it with her.  

For several years, we traveled for a couple of months in Mexico with Dwight and Sheila.  It was always a relief with their daughter and ours, too, when we would get back across the border without a brush with the law.  When I told he of Natalia’s concern, Sheila laughed so hard I think Dwight had to revive her!

Travel Totals:  Mileage, 26---Caches found, 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment