Saturday, August 24, 2013

August 24, 2013---Eugene Elks Lodge


My goal for the morning was to get the hot chocolate mix made and put in special gift jars.  That’s three gifts crossed of my list.  

John and Dee came for a visit.  They are in the process of buying a new coach.  I’m not sure when the deal is to be finalized, but soon I think.  I don’t envy them in the least.  It will be a real chore to move from one motorhome to another.  That is one thing I wouldn’t care to do.

After lunch, Bill and I went to Walmart to pick up our prescriptions.
On the way home we stopped at Burger King for ice cream cones.  We got home in time to watch the NASCAR race from Bristol, Tennessee.  It is such a short track...1/2 mile...that I had trouble keeping everything straight.  I couldn’t remember who had been lapped, etc.

After dinner, we watched Gun Smoke.  I worked on a jigsaw puzzle while Matt Dillon got rid of the bad guys in Dodge City.  Wow!  You talk about an evening of excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment