Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013---Eugene Elks Lodge


At 8:45, I sent Lori a text to see if she and Tucker were on the road yet.  I didn’t hear right back and that didn’t concern me.  I hoped she was on the road and couldn’t respond.  At 9:00, she texted “yes.”  A minute later she pulled up in front of the coach.  She had left Pleasant Hill at 1:00 a.m.

It was so good to see her and Tucker, too.  He’s a good little dog.  Sometimes, he growls when he sees someone unfamiliar.  Neither Bill nor I got that greeting.  He was wanting on my lap, so I sat on the sofa and that was to his liking.

Lori and I went to Springfield to take Sally out to lunch.  We had a really good visit.  It had been several years since they had seen each other, so they had a lot of catching up to do.  

On our way back to Eugene we went to a couple of thrift stores and a craft store, but didn’t spend much time at any of them.  When we got back home, Lori took Tucker for a long walk.

We left the two “guys” to spend some bonding time while the two of us “girls” went to Fred Meyer to do a little bit of shopping.  When we left Fred Meyer, we were looking for a place to get dinner to take home.  When Lori saw a Taco Time, she whipped right in.  She remembers Taco Time from Seaside so it was a good place to go...kind of like old home week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment