Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016—-Loveland, Colorado



The weather was nicer today…not nearly as warm, and not any threat of rain.  Although with the forest fires, a good soaking rain is exactly what is needed.  The closest fire to us is west of Bolder near the small town of Nederland.

The helicopters are scooping huge buckets of water out of a small lake in Nederland.  We have watched that process before, once from the Columbia River and once from a small stream in Yosemite National Park.  It is an interesting process.

Bill and I went to Taco Bell for lunch, with plans to go to Walmart after eating.  It didn’t work out that way.  The Walmart parking lot was packed, so we went home and took naps.

After dinner of chicken, potatoes, and salad, Bill put me through a series of exercises to strengthen my legs.  I have been so weak lately we are trying to build me up.  I did the same routine this morning after breakfast.

My allergies have kicked back in.  The wind is blowing the pollen our way, and we are also getting smoke from the fires.  I plan to go back on my Rx tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment