Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016—-Yuma, Arizona



Lots of clouds were filling the sky this morning.  No moisture was falling, but it made for a lazy morning.  Our night time temperature has been much cooler than it was last week, when we had to leave the air conditioner on most of the night.

At 1:30 I woke up because I was cold.   I got up, went into the living room, and got our fluffy white blanket to cover us with.  I was able to go back to sleep, snuggled down in the fluffy white softness. 

At 7:00, I woke up, laughing at the ridiculous thing I had done.  I had completely forgotten that we have an electric blanket, plugged in and ready to go.  We have not used it since we came here in November.  We leave it on the bed because that is a good storage place for it.  Maybe next time I need to get warm, I won’t forget about one of our favorite modern conveniences!

We had a stop to make at the Post Office before going to Subway for lunch.  We hadn’t eaten there in a long time, and Bill was having Meatball Sub Sandwich withdrawals.  He’s all better now!

We went to Walmart for a few supplies before going home.  When I can get a power chair to ride around in, it is a pleasure to be in the store.  Bill is the one who suffers because he has to keep up with me as I zip around the store.

Not long after getting home, Todd and group came for strawberry shortcake.  The berries were from Watsonville…they are the best!  We told Todd and Bonnie how much fun we had picking strawberries when we were at Michelle’s.  I am glad we weren’t weighed before and after picking the berries because we ate lots as we picked.  It is one of our happy memories with the kids and grandkids.

We saw four helicopters returning from today’s training mission.  We have a good view of the mountains from where we are now parked.

We spent the evening watching Dancing With The Stars.  It was Disney theme night and was extra enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment