Saturday, April 16, 2016

April 16, 2016—-Yuma, Arizona



Our plans for today didn’t go as we had hoped…

Bill and I picked Todd and Bonnie up at 7:00.  We were going to a Geocache breakfast at the Copper Miner Cafe.  We had only gone about a half block when I told Bonnie I felt sick and was going to throw up.  I had a “barf bag” with me, and I put it to good use.  By the time we had arrived at the cafe, I was OK, so after a few minutes I went in to the gathering, but sat by the door…just in case!

I ate about four bites of pancakes, and that was all I could take.  I just wasn’t hungry.

When the meeting was over, we started to go to Ogilby Road where Bill and I discovered the Desert Primroses growing not long after we arrived in Yuma.  We wanted to check their progress toward drying into Mexican Birdcages.

But, alas, the wind was blowing very hard and Bill and Bonnie decided
we shouldn’t be out on the desert in a sand storm.  We all agreed and were happy to be back home.  We could barely see the mountains by then.

I took a long nap.  When I woke up, Bill asked what I wanted for a late lunch.  I thought In-N-Out sounded like a good idea, since we needed to go to Walmart for a few items.

With Walmart marked off the list, we went home to rest.  I was feeling OK, but, as usual I was tired.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing.


No comments:

Post a Comment