Friday, April 29, 2016

April 29, 2016---Yuma, Arizona



This morning, I was scheduled for an ultra sound of my liver at 11:30.  For that reason, I wasn’t able to eat or drink anything after midnight.  By the time I finished the test, I was really hungry.

I had seen a Mexican restaurant not far from the hospital.  It is one I had read about in some Yuma literature…highly recommended.  It proves the theory that not all you read should be believed.

In the first place, it was very, very noisy.  The place was packed.  We ordered beef burritos with guacamole.  Bill was given a number for our order which we were to listen for.  With the noise level the same as the fighter planes taking off from the Marine Base, we didn’t hear our number being called.  A local man came to ask our number.  It had been called, so Bill went to get our order.  Too bad, because the food was terrible.  The beef was tough and fatty.  The salsa was more like colored water than anything else.  The guacamole was ok, but there was little more than a dab.

We marked The Chili Pepper off our list of places to eat.  I may have been hungry, but I would have to be quite close to starvation to go there again.  Ugh!

After telling Bonnie and Todd of our experience, we went home for long naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment