Friday, April 1, 2016

April 1, 2016—-Yuma, Arizona



Yes, this is April Fool’s Day…and yes, I am very battered and bruised on the left side of my face!  I had to go to a new doctor and every time someone looked at me with pity or whatever, I said, “Don’t sign up for kick boxing.  It’s a tough sport.”  After seeing the shocked look on their faces, I would say “April Fool’s!”  I got lots of smiles, chuckles, and laughs!

I kept an ice pack on my wound a lot during the night.  This morning, there was very little swelling and bruising…that is until I was up and moving around…and then gravity took over.  Now I am swollen down to my jaw and the purple skin goes from my ear and down as far as my neck.  I think I will look very scary for a long time.  Too bad it isn’t Halloween time.  I wouldn’t have to put much make up on to scare the bejesus out of the trick or treaters.

Our little hummingbird has flown the coop, or nest, as it was.  We miss having it around to entertain us.

Going to the doctor took three hours out of my day.  I was really tired when we got back home, so after eating lunch I took a long nap.  Just after I got up, Todd, Bonnie and the pups came over for a visit.  The pups always look for Cheerios on the floor.  Today, Bill put them out on the floor in a pattern.  Not quite an Easter Egg Hunt, but a Cheerios Hunt, and it was just as much fun for our furry little friends.

The Marine Base was doing lots of flying today.  It is always interesting to see them…the sound of freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment