Friday, June 24, 2016

June 24, 2016—-Loveland, Colorado



Late this morning, Bill and I went to do some errands.  Our first stop was at US Bank.  It took longer than we had expected it to take.  Our next place to go was Dollar Tree.  When we got there, I couldn’t remember what I needed to buy (Does that sound familiar, Brent?), so we went to our third stop…Walmart. 

As usual, I didn’t get everything accomplished that I wanted to.  Even though I had the use of a battery powered cart, I still got very tired, so we checked out and went home.  I don’t know if I took a nap or not. 

Sometimes, I can’t put my brain in park.  Today was one of those days.  I was depressed to the point of tears.  It continued to get worse.  Thankfully, Meredith and Hapa came to the rescue.  Her little furry self got on the bed and I spent quite a bit of time rubbing her fluffiness. 

Meredith and I talked about all sorts of things, and when she and the pups went to the house to see Michelle, I had a much brighter outlook.  Thanks, Meredith and Hapa, for the visit!

Dinner was cheese fondue…one of my favorites.  It was really good and I ate more than I should have eaten, but my weight keeps dropping, so I guess pigging out once in a while isn’t too bad.  I didn’t eat anything that wasn’t on my diet with Dr Sears…just more than I needed!

The funny thing about this fondue feast was that we didn’t have any fondue forks…the long kind that makes it easier to eat.  But eat we must, so we used chop sticks.  Meredith said it was an international occasion…Swiss food, chop sticks, a Hawaiian diner and even one Texan.  Yeehaw!


No comments:

Post a Comment