Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29, 2016—-Loveland, Colorado



While Chef Bill was cooking breakfast, I got dressed so as soon as we finished eating, we could start on our errands.

Our first stop was at the library.  I had two books to turn in and I checked out two more.  I will have to read fast because they are due about the time we plan to leave Loveland.  Things are really going to speed up between now and then.

We went to Penney’s where I bought a blue hat.  I am trying to wear a hat when I leave the house.  It will be even more important when we get back to the Yuma area. 

We made a stop at Harbor Freight, also known as Toys R For Big Boys.  Bill was looking for a certain type sander, but wasn’t able to get the kind he wanted.  That gives him an excuse to keep looking.

After lunch and resting for nearly two hours, Bill got me up.  He wanted to do some cactus planting.  Yes, you read it correctly.  Farmer Bill wanted to expand his farming experience.

It went like this…after getting all the flower pots out, two bags of soil especially for cacti, and any tools he might think he needed, including his Leatherman, which is never far away, he was ready to get to the job!  Then he looked at me and said, “What do I do now?”  Oh, dear! 

When the bad language started, I warned him that my blog would tell the true story!  Things went well after that, and three hours later, 13 plants had been repotted.  The Farmer had done an excellent job.  About that time, Michelle came to see if I wanted to watch the Evening News in her house.  Bless her little heart, she came at just the right time!  Bill was vacuuming so I happily went on my way.

At dinner, the farmer said he didn’t want to get a full time job in a nursery!  Maybe next time, he will just let me sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment