Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011

After getting my hip adjusted, Bill and I drove to Pittsburg.  We found four cashes before hunger overtook us.  Thank goodness, we were very close to In-N-Out.  In case you were wondering, it was just as good as ever!

There was a cache in the Costco parking lot.  We had hunted and hunted for it two weeks ago, but didn’t find it.  Today we went back to search some more.  Well, guess what?  Bill found it in a tall metal pipe.  It was about eight feet off the ground.  He had to stand on a railing to get to it.  At some point (he said his fingers were cold) the cache slipped out of his grasp as he was trying to hook its wire around a bolt.  Oops!  We both heard it as it hit the side of the pipe an its journey to the ground.  There was no way to get to it.  Ugh!  I wrote a note of apology to the cache owner.

That was the down side of today’s caching.  The up side was that we used my iPhone to get the coordinates and information on a cache that I hadn’t loaded into the GPSs.  Although many people now use their iPhones exclusively to guide them to “ground zero,” it was a first for us.

We shopped at Winco for a few groceries before returning home.  I spent the rest of the day working on geo maps for Mississippi and for the Escapee rally that Bill will attend while I am at Brent’s for turkey.  Or is that with a turkey?  No, Bill’s staying in California. Anyway, it isn’t long until I leave.  Yippy, Skippy!


No comments:

Post a Comment