Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011

Bill and I left for the airport at 4:30, as in a.m.  Ugh!

While waiting for my flight in Oakland, a family with four kids came in and sat in my area  The children were probably between six and eight years old.  They sat down, opened their computer cases, plugged into power on a console, and got busy.  After a while one of the boys said, "Oh, I forgot my cell phone."  Are those four modern age kids or what? 

The first part of my journey took me to Chicago.  That was a four hour jaunt.  After an hour at the airport I flew on to Brandon.  My arms were really tired from all that flying.  I wonder how birds can flap their wings for most of the day and part of the night.

It was great seeing Brent, Coleson, and Sara waiting for me when I got off the plane.  After loading my luggage into Brent's car, we went to eat Mexican food.

Willie, Brent's Golden Retriever, was very glad to see me, and vice versa.  He just couldn't stop wiggling.  And his tail was in high gear.

We went to see Mike and Amy, neighbors of Brent's.  Also there were Wesley and Robyn Banks.  We watched Survivor until Keltie called to say she was on her way to get Sara and Coleson.

I was very glad when bedtime arrived.  It has been a lo-o-o-ong day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you got there safely. - Michelle

    ReplyDelete