Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8, 2011

November 8, 2011

This day was a very busy one.  I had an 8:00 appointment with a chiropractor.  My left hip has been giving me a lot of trouble so I decided that now was the time to get it taken care of.  I have too much to do to be slowed down by a pain in the butt.  And I’m not talking about Bill.  Hm-m-m!  Come to think of it, maybe I am!

Concord was our destination for caching today.  We found two fairly quickly and decided that we needed to stop at that many because of such a busy day ahead.  I took Bill back to the MH and went to downtown Walnut Creek.  That adventure is always a challenge for me because of traffic and narrow streets.

Today I had a twofold reason for “throwing my self into the lion’s den.”  The first was to go to a bead store for white beads.  I didn’t know that was such a tall order, but it was.  After making my purchase I walked several blocks to California Pizza Kitchen to meet a friend.  Karen Trestrail and I have been friends for quite a few years and we usually get together at least once when our motorhome makes its way to Walnut Creek.  The food was OK, but the best part was spending an hour with Karen.

After parting company, I had to walk back to the parking garage in hopes of finding the Honda.  I did!  It took me longer to make my way out of the parking building, but finally I made it and was headed for home. 

By the time I got back to the MH I was really tired, so I wrapped my weary body in a soft blanket and lay down to read.  I promptly fell asleep, dropping my book and thus losing my place.  But the nap was worth it.

Bill woke me at 3:15 to return to the doctor for x-ray results and a plan of attack (aka treatment).  

Lori and her family had all gone their separate ways for the evening.  Bill ask if I would like to go out for dinner, but I chose to stay home and eat a PNB and jelly sandwich.  That proves how really tired I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment