Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011

Warmer weather this morning and a “blue sky day” which was a special treat for me.  Its my last day in “Sippi.”  Tomorrow I sprout wings and fly home.

I hope Bill picks me up at the airport in Oakland.  You may have heard that some years ago, before the cell phone era, he left me at a fuel stop.  He was out on the Interstate before he discovered that I wasn’t in the back of the van sleeping.  Of course, it was several miles before he could turn around.  I was sitting on a curb waiting.  Its a great story and I don’t let him forget it!

Brent and I had a good day.  We talked about his time in the Air Force, especially when he was in Iceland.  There were things that I hadn’t ever told him and some that he had forgotten.  It was nice to have a time to chat.  Just like all of our children, he’s special!

After Sara and Coleson finished homework, we went to Amy and Mike’s to tell them goodbye.  Heather, who lives next door, was there, too.  It is great to know Brent’s friends!  They are nice, very caring people.

Coleson chose our dinner place, Logan’s Roadhouse.  Their food is good, especially the hot rolls.  When we got back home we watched a movie, Hoodwinked Too.  It was a good ending for our last evening together for awhile.  Sniff, sniff!

No comments:

Post a Comment