Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30, 2011

November 30, 2011

Brent woke me early so I could see the kids off to school.  I still had packing to do, but I was cold so I got back in bed to get warm.  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!  The fact that I went back to sleep was secondary.

When I was awake and ready to go, Brent and I went to “Awful Waffle” for a late breakfast.  A biscuit and gravy was more than I could eat, but it tasted really good.

It is always hard to say goodbye.  I had a really good visit.  I will miss Brent, Coleson, and Sara a lot.  And even Willie, Brent’s huge Golden Retriever has a big place in my heart.  He’s a very talented dog.  He does a wonderful impersonation of a speed bump.  I told him to keep practicing!

Brent says that Willie is a Dent Maker.  Not only has he dented the trash can by wagging his tail, but he leaves a dent when in the bedspread when he takes a nap on Brent’s bed.  Now do you believe how really talented he is?

I saw something from the plane window that I had never seen before.  There was a winding river with sand bars all along.  It looked like a fancy ribbon, making its way across the land.  That was an interesting “gift wrapping” for this part of the earth.

Because of the strong winds it was a very rough landing coming into Oakland.  It was good to see “old what’s his name” waiting  to help me with my luggage. I’ve missed the old guy.

We went to In-N-Out for a late supper before driving back to Walnut Creek.  As much as I enjoyed being with Brent and his band of hooligans, it was really good to get home to the MH.

2 comments:

  1. So Thankful you made it back Safely, Take care and bunches of LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home safely! Love you - Michelle

    ReplyDelete