Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012

Bill was up early and on the road this morning...heading for Brent’s.  Like turning a horse loose, heading for the barn.  He pulls at the bit.  That’s Cowboy Bill!

I was in the front seat (I’m the naviguesser!) as we wove our way through Shreveport to I-20.  Once we got on the highway it was pretty much a straight shot to Brandon.  (Bill said now I get to be a nagivator!)

There was ground fog over the swamps and bogs.  It made a perfect Halloween scene...in March!  Four months late or eight months early!  I kept a lookout for alligators in the swamps, but the only thing I saw that might have been one was a strange log floating along.  Hm-m-m-m!

As we drove through the Clinton area we heard a strange noise, but it didn’t last very long.  We heard it two more times.  The last time we realized it was a tornado siren.  Yikes!  When we got to Brent’s he put my mind at ease.  At 12:00 noon on the first day of every month the emergency systems are tested.

When Coleson and Sara got off the school bus this afternoon, they were very excited to see the motorhome.  We got big hugs all around.  The kids have both really grown.  It was great to see all four of the Mississippi kin.

Today’s Travel Totals: Mileage, 235

No comments:

Post a Comment