Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012

I guess that I need to clarify something.  I walked down from the top of the lighthouse.  There was NO elevator!  That was a joke that I made up! 

Brent, the kids and I set off to explore the Pensacola area.  We walked around the old downtown area.  My iPhone showed a geocache not far from that area so we searched it out.  We were also looking for a place to eat.  Brent had heard about a Brazilian restaurant that served a variety meats at your table.  He found it...Rodizio Grill.  

We were served a tray of appetizers...polenta sticks, fried banana  chunks, and cheese covered with yucca flour dough and fried.  As we would eat some they would bring more.

The salad bar had several kinds of pasta and potato salads, several bean dishes, three or four kinds of cubed cheese, and a small choice of salad-making items.  There were also small hard rolls.  The pickled quail eggs were the most unusual item, I think.

Most of the meat they brought was chicken, marinated with a variety of sauces.  We also had chicken hearts.  Later they served beef, which was our least favorite dish.  I really liked the grilled pineapple.  The meat was served sliced, as much as you wanted or as little.

For dessert I chose the lime cheesecake.  It was really good.  Sara had a whipped yogurt and strawberry dish.  Coleson had chocolate cake, which wasn’t very good.

The restaurant hadn’t been open very long and the service was extremely slow.  Would I eat there again...no!  But it was a dining adventure, for sure.  

On the way home we stopped at the base exchange for a hairbrush for Sara, plus a few other things.

We had meant to tour Ft. Pickens today, but by the time we had such a lo-o-o-ong lunch we left the fort for another day.  Brent and his tribe went to the beach and Bill and I napped.

No comments:

Post a Comment