Friday, October 10, 2014

October 10, 2014---Lone Pine, California


I started the day feeling OK, but as the day progressed, I began to feel worse.  I am very stiff.  My right leg, which is usually my strongest leg, is now giving me problems.  I walk like Walter Brennan.  I hope I get better soon.  I don’t like this one little bit!

Bill enjoyed going to movies today.  He’s such a cowboy!  This afternoon, we saw an old black and white movie, Yellow Sky.  How would you know?!

Later today, we went to see a Randolph Scott movie, Commanche Station.  He is one of our favorites and made quite a few movies here in Lone Pine.  After the film, his daughter took part in a discussion of his films and his life.  It was all very interesting.

In his later Westerns, Randolph Scott rode a beautiful horse named Stardust.  We have read that when the movie star retired, he boarded the horse at Anchor Ranch, here in the Lone Pine area so the horse could live out his life in contentment.

After sitting for a couple of hours, I can barely walk.  It is painful.  Thank goodness, I have Old Tex to lean on!

No comments:

Post a Comment