Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10, 2013


February 10, 2013

We left the motorhome at 7:30 this morning.  The Mega Event started at 9:00, but because of the large number of geocachers registered, we knew parking would be critical.  And we were right.  When we arrived at 7:50, the main parking lot was nearly full.

Our first order of business after parking was to claim a “sitting spot” with our chairs.  Bill and the rest of the gang parked our chairs at a great spot.  We had a great view of everything important going on.  There were lots of activities to partake in, and in between, we sat and watched everyone.

We went on a poker run.  Last year I won $50.00.  This year I wasn’t so lucky.  Rats!

I bought $5.00 worth of raffle tickets and won two tiny geocaching containers with a retail value of about $8.00.  So I guess I made out OK.  The funny thing was...Bill was taking a nap sitting in the chair beside me.  I didn’t realize he was asleep and when the announcer called my number, I jabbed him in the side and told him to go get my prize.  He came out of a dead sleep with a very surprised look on his face.  But true to form, he did exactly as I had requested!  That’s why he calls me “she who must be obeyed.”  What a guy!

We had a really good lunch of tri-tip, slaw, baked beans, tortillas, and a cookie for dessert.

Our last official event of the day was to spread out over the park and pick up any trash left around.  This kind of event is called CITO...Cache In Trash Out.  As we discovered last year, there was very little litter, but it was important to leave the park better than we found it.



No comments:

Post a Comment