Friday, February 15, 2013

February 15, 2013


February 15, 2013

Just before noon, we went out to find some caches.  We were looking in the northeast part of Yuma, between I-8 and Hwy. 95.  It was very rough, rocky terrain.  

In spite of the rugged area, we were able to find 16 caches.  Most of them were fairly easy to locate, but some were more of a challenge.  Todd, another friend named Bill, and Lexie (Todd’s dog) were with us.

We had an interesting thing happen, one that we’ve never had before.  We were down in a gully looking for the cache container when we heard shooting.  Someone was on the ridge above us doing a little target practice.  They were close enough that we could hear rocks being shattered.

Lexie was so scared, and I wasn’t far behind her.  For several of the next caches, she and I stayed in the Honda.  After awhile, she calmed down some.  I’m not sure I did.  When we were nearly back to civilization, she started to hyperventilate really badly.  I wasn’t sure if she was going to survive or not.  I know we were all glad to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment