Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 19, 2013


February 19, 2013

At 12:00 today, Bill, Todd, Marvin, and I went south onto the Bombing Range.  The road was rough with lots of rocks.  When we go out onto the Range we have to call to the Marine Base to make sure there is to be no official activity that day.  So when F-16s (I think) began flying over it was a bit disconcerting.

The guys got out and headed off the road in search of a geocache.  I stayed in the car to take care of some paperwork.  They came back, crossed the road, and continued the hunt on the east side of the road.  

Soon they were walking further onto the range.  They went from one cache to another.  I called Bill to see if they wanted me to drive Todd’s car on south and keep even with them.

At this time, I became the designated driver.  The desert was too rough for me to walk on so driving was a good job for me.  At one point they disappeared over a hill.  I parked where I had a good view of the area.  After about 30 minutes, they came back into view and hiked on south in pursuit of more finds.

By the time they got back to the car they had found 12 caches and had walked about four miles.  



No comments:

Post a Comment