Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8, 2016—Parker, Arizona, to Washington City, Utah



We left Parker at 6:30, with Bill in the driver’s seat, and me still asleep the bed.  Bill said the drive went along the Colorado River, with tiny little villages along both sides of the river.  My guess is that anyone who can afford river front property is enjoying it.  I don’t know for sure.  I was asleep!

We stopped on the west side of Needles for breakfast.  Once we turned north on Hwy, 95 and began to gain altitude, we began to see Desert Primroses with large white blooms  They are blooming much later than the desert plants in the Yuma area.

The highway looked like a “mild rollercoaster.”  It was caused by earth quakes sometime in the past.

We had hoped to see our friend, Jo, when we were in Henderson, Nevada, but I was having an intestinal upset and if it was anything contagious, I didn’t want to pass it on to her.  I will be glad when I find out what is causing these flare ups that I have about twice a month.

Interstate 15 goes north out of “Lost Wages.”  It is mainly desert and treeless mountains.  Today, however, because of rain in the past few weeks, things were green.  It is cool today and that makes for good traveling.

We stopped for the night at the Walmart in Washington City, Utah.  There are nine rigs of various sizes here.  We traveled 318 miles today.  Super Driver is tired.  I napped a good part of the day, but am still tired.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment