Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012

I woke up with a headache, which is unusual for me these days.  I didn’t accomplish much until afternoon when the ache began to ease.  

Bill spent the morning working on the outside of the MH.  There is always something that needs to be waxed, or polished, or shined, or changed.  He never runs out of fun projects to do.

At 2:30 we went for a drive.  This is a beautiful lake with lots of interesting roads the lead to the water.  One dirt road took us to a wooded area where we were able to find a cache after much hunting.

We drove across the dam to the other side of the lake.  We were in search of another cache.  The path took us about two tenths of a mile back into the woods.  Although we were not in a zoo, we saw lots of wild animals...deer, wild boar, bears, mountain lions, a wild turkey...back in among the trees, around some caves, and in the gullies.  

“No hunting” signs were posted along the path.  We didn’t feel in danger, though.  Apparently, we were in a nature area and all the critters were life sized statues of the animals in the area.  Whee! 

We were really glad we were the only beings that were moving.  It was an entertaining path to be on, plus we found a cache.  A very well done nature park...and I wasn’t worried about my safety.  I had my big brave guy to protect me!

No comments:

Post a Comment