Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26, 2012


April 26, 2012

After a great breakfast prepared by Cowboy Bill, we set off to try to find a road into the area where we wanted to cache.  “Try” is the key word here.  Remember that!

It was a true adventure.  In Joshua-speak, that means we got lost.  We traveled every back road in that part of Mississippi.  The more exasperated the driver became the closer “the naviguesser” came to breaking into fits of giggles.  That is a normal reaction for me, but it doesn’t go over well with “himself.”  As more steam came out of his ears, I had visions of him pushing the eject button which would launch me through the sun roof.  

We finally figured out that the map showed a road that wasn’t there and probably never had been there.  We decided to call it quits for the day and find the Natchez Trace to make our way home.

We had just turned back on the Trace when I looked down onto a road we were crossing over and saw several mule-drawn wagons parked by the side of the road.  I “pleaded” with Bill to turn around and make our way down to the group.  There were eight wagons.  Most of them have been in this “sport” for 30 years or more. They build their own wagons, which aren’t like covered wagons, except they both have four wheels and are pulled by mules. 

Diana, one of the ladies with the group, took me for a ride.  We took pictures, but I don’t know how to put them in my blog.  Maybe one of our kids can teach me in Colorado this summer.

It was an interesting day!



No comments:

Post a Comment