Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13, 2012

April 13, 2012

Friday, the thirteenth!  I was off to a good start.  First, I discovered a tick, my first of the season.  Ugh!  Next, we couldn’t get the major networks on our TV...ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX.  That was a disaster.  NASCAR races in Texas tomorrow.  Help!  I don’t remember getting a notice that it was due, so I hadn’t paid it!  Oh, dear!  My third “Oops” of the day was that our car insurance notice got lost in the shuffle of doing our income taxes and expired on March 24th.  We’ve been without insurance on the Honda since then.  Yikes!  

And I thought I was doing so much better at my “secretarial” job.  I may get fired!

All of this happened before noon.  Do you wonder what the rest of the day had to offer?  Well, we went caching.  The path to the first one was carpeted with poison ivy.  We decided that cache was a DNT...Did Not Try.

There was a cache at a pretty park at the spillway.  It was an easy one to find.  From there we went to a fish hatchery.  I wanted to “drown a worm,” but the workers didn’t take too kindly to my idea.  After finding the cache we drove through the town of Enid.  At least we think we did.  As towns go, it didn’t seem to have much going for it.

We drove west to a cache placed in a very old cemetery.  We took a different route home and still didn’t find a town.

I think Friday, the thirteenth ended better that it began.  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment