Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013


January 14, 2013

The thermometer read 21° when we got up this morning.  By the time we got the coach into “go mode” we were having a heat wave...27 degrees.  This is supposed to be Arizona.  Maybe we took a wrong turn and ended up in Wyoming or Montana.  Brrr!

We said goodbye to Dwight and Sheila.  They apologized for trying to kill me with so many geocaches, and Bill had his Little Black Book out in case they succeeded.  I told them I was a tough old bird and it would take more than the three of them to do me in!

On our way out of Tucson we went by an upholstery shop to see about getting the front seats recovered and the foam in the sofa replaced.  We ordered the materials for the front seats and will come back in early March to have the seats recovered and new foam put in the sofa.

We stopped at Costco for disposable dishes (aka paper plates and bowls).  Lunch was in our plans, also. Walmart was next on the list.  I went in to shop for desert supplies (shopping for groceries in Quartzsite is limited).  While I was doing that, Bill went to find a Post Office.  The first two listed on the Nuvi were closed.  On the way home from the downtown PO, he got into a construction area and was forced to detour, causing him to get lost.  Oh, my!  I was certainly glad he was able to find the correct bread crumb trail.  I don't have a Little Black Book!

Our destination for today was Ajo, about 150 miles west of Tucson.  We parked in a vacant lot where we have parked before.  We traveled 152 miles today.  Bill said it felt like 500.  He's out of practice after five days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment