Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013


January 3, 2013   

Weather report for Brandon...beautiful sunshiny day.  This is our last day here.  Tomorrow is a Willie Nelson day.  We have spent part of today getting the coach ready to roll.  Everything that might move has to be secured or put away.  It is interesting how we seem to gradually expand when we are sitting still for awhile, both literally and figuratively.

We went to Ed’s for a farewell dinner.  Plus, I had two crosses to deliver to friends.  We’ll miss Ed’s good cooking, but most of all we will miss Brent’s cuisine.  He’s such a wonderful cook.

I was in the house washing some dishes when Bill came in and said he needed my help.  I said to Brent, “Duty calls.”  He said, “I can’t believe you called Dad ‘Doody’.”  I said I didn’t.  I just didn’t pronounce “duty” correctly.  I must be more careful to enunciate.  I’m beginning to talk “Sippi.”

Tonight was the Fiesta Bowl from Arizona.  The Oregon Ducks played Kansas State.  And company is coming.  Not just us!  Brent’s neighborhood friends are coming for potluck, which includes smoked ribs and chicken legs.  I bought a cake.  I like to “take the cake.”  Others brought the side dishes.  We had lots of food.  And when this group gets together, a good time is always had by all.

Well, the Ducks did us proud.  From the kick off, a 97 yard run for a touchdown, to the score just seconds before the half, to the final score of 35-17.  It was exciting to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment