Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29, 2013


January 29, 2013

This day started out cold with clear skies.  And kept us busy all day long.

At 9:00, I went to a seminar on some of the ins and outs of geocaching, like travel bugs and other such things.  It was very interesting and I got some very good ideas.  I also learned a geocaching definition that I want to pass on to all of you who read about it in this journal.  “Geocaching is what happens when geeks go outdoors.”  That’s the gospel truth!

We went out on the desert to hunt for a cache.  After parking at the bottom of a hill, we trudged up a rocky road to the top.  When we were nearly to the top, we heard a car.  Our friends, Mike and Wendy, parked beside the Honda and were coming up to join us in the hunt.  Their yellow lab, Gordie, was with them.  He is a geo-dog and got to the top before they did and started sniffing around for the cache.

After logging our find, Bill and I went to town for lunch.  On the way home we found two more caches.

Bill was really tired from dragging me up the hill so he took a very long nap.  At 4:30, we went to Happy Hour.  Bill and I both won prizes in a drawing.  His was a funky flashlight and mine was a rubber bee.  You know how fond of bees I am!  I gave it to Wendy. 

At 7:00, Bill and Mike went to find a “night cache.”  Wendy didn’t go because she has night blindness and I stayed home because walking in the rocky desert at night didn’t seem like a good idea for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment