Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16, 2013


January 16, 2013

We got off to a late start this morning, mainly because I didn’t want to get out of my warm bed.

After breakfast and getting dressed, we went east of our BLM camping spot to look for two caches.  The first one was easy to find.  To reach the second one we had to drive over a rough, narrow road which often took us down across a wash, and back up to more rocky roads and washes.  To get to the cache we had to go over very rocky terrain.  Bill did most of the work on this one.  The cache was hidden in a cactus so he had to be very careful retrieving it.

We went in search of a place to get my hair cut.  The shop I used last year had moved so it took some detective work to track it down.  We were successful, however, and made an appointment for later this afternoon.  

We went to La Mesa RV for their free lunch.  The menu was spaghetti, salad, a roll, and sodas.  The food was good and the price was certainly right.

I took Bill home for a nap while I went back to get my hair cut.  Before returning to the RV, I stopped at a craft store.  I was able to get some brown wire that I needed and some tiny skeins of yarn for Lori’s weaving projects.

I spent most of the rest of the day working on geocaching records while Bill tinkered with our little Honda generator.  It had been several months since it was used, and the cold weather wasn’t helping it start.

No comments:

Post a Comment